Solar Pools Technologies Accepting Pre-Orders Following Successful Kickstarter Campaign that Raised $400,000 for Next Generation Solar Powered Pool Cleaner
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., October 19, 2015 – On the heels of a successful Kickstarter campaign that raised a jaw-dropping $408,078, Scottsdale-based Solar Pool Technologies Inc. (SPT), manufacturer of the Solar-Breeze, the world’s first solar-powered robotic swimming pool cleaner and chemical dispenser, announced it is accepting pre-orders for its next generation solar-powered pool cleaner, the Solar-Breeze NX.
“Immediately after our Kickstarter campaign closed we started receiving inquiries on how people could order a Solar-Breeze NX,” Paul Sim, Solar Pool Technologies CEO, said. “Those who pre-order now not only save some money, but they will be shipped their new solar-powered robotic swimming pool cleaner in February at the same time as our Kickstarter contributors receive theirs. Those who don’t pre-order will still have the opportunity to purchase the Solar-Breeze NX in stores or from our website while our inventory lasts come mid to late Spring.”
SPT is offering a reduced price of $528 for pre-orders placed before January 15, 2016. The retail price is expected to be $558. The Solar-Breeze NX will ship in February 2016 directly to those who pre-ordered, in plenty of time for the next pool season.
On July 30, the company launched a $315,000 Kickstarter campaign to fund the initial production of the next generation solar-powered pool cleaner, the Solar-Breeze NX. The project reached that goal on Aug. 19 and finished with $408,078 from 758 backers from all over the world when the campaign closed on September 12. This milestone is particularly noteworthy when considering that out of more than 250,000 crowdfunding campaigns held on Kickstarter since its inception, only 2,371 have raised more than $100,000.*
The original Solar-Breeze is a revolutionary invention that uses sunlight instead of grid electricity to effortlessly remove dirt, debris, pollens and even suntan oils from the pool’s surface. During the day, Solar-Breeze uses the sun’s power to run the motors that drive the cleaner across the water while surplus power is used to charge its battery, enabling it to continue operating almost around the clock. The Solar-Breeze is the only intelligent pool skimmer on the market. Advanced software controls the unit’s overall functions, which include directing it to sunny areas of the pool if the battery charge is low, and sensing when the unit is stuck on an obstruction so it can reverse and move in a different direction.
The Solar-Breeze NX appears the same as the original model, but features several enhancements including:
• New software with a new power management system to enhance battery power management, leading to increased time of operation and improved battery life.
• The improved power management system also puts less stress on the motors that drive the Solar-Breeze NX, improving the efficiency of operation and extending motor life.
• A new plastic polymer blend is being used for the top housing of the Solar-Breeze NX to improve its resistance to ultraviolet rays and slow the deterioration of the plastics, leading to longer life for the product.
• The gear mechanisms at the front of the unit that transfer power from the front motor to the front paddlewheel and bumper wheels are re-engineered to improve efficiency, reduce drag and extend the life of the drive system.
• The system for detecting when a unit is stuck on an obstacle has been improved to result in better overall operation in the pool.
• Attachments for the Solar-Breeze NX will be available that allow it to adapt more effectively to pools with rock outcroppings, beach entries and other complex features.
Swimming pools are the second-largest consumer of electricity in the home after air conditioning. By using solar energy to operate, Solar-Breeze and Solar-Breeze NX can reduce a pool’s energy bill by up to two-thirds. The robotic cleaner also has a chlorine dispenser that releases chlorine evenly across the pool, effectively sanitizing the pool and reducing chemical consumption by an average of one-third.
About Solar Pool Technologies, Inc.
Solar-Breeze is the world’s first solar-powered robotic swimming pool cleaner and chemical dispenser. It is manufactured and sold by Solar Pool Technologies Inc. of Scottsdale, Arizona. More information at: www.solar-breeze.com.
*Stats from https://www.kickstarter.com/help/stats on September 16, 2015.
10 to 1 Public Relations
10 to 1 Public Relations